Monday, October 25, 2010

Absent, but accounted for.

Yes, I have been MIA when it comes to blogging.  Not sure why.  Sometimes I go through phases where I just don't have much to say.  I think this week it has been prompted by single parenthood.  The evenings come and I just don't have it left in me to do much of anything other than catch up on some shows, read, or peruse the Internet.  Those hours are my opportunity to have some time to myself and I haven't felt up to blogging.

Also, Olivia has been all over the map this week when it comes to napping, which is stressful.  Nothing gets me worked up more than a baby that will not nap!  She has successfully refused either her morning or her afternoon nap for the past five days.  I think we are in the transition stage to one nap, but the length of her one nap doesn't really give her enough rest.  However, I am hoping to do a little sleep training and stretch one nap out for two hours (or beyond) so it can be enough to get us through the day.  A twelve hour work day with only an hour nap is too much for mommy (and baby, too!).  Today we skipped morning nap and I put her down at 12:30.  We will see what that does for us.

Bundled up for one of the few
cooler morning we've had.
So, what have been up to?  Well, we spend a LOT of time outside these days.  Olivia starts her day asking to go outside and it really doesn't stop until she goes to bed.  Therefore, I spend my mornings and afternoons wandering around our yard wondering what I am going to do to pass the time when winter comes! 
Creating yet another masterpiece.




















Two of our neighbors have all kinds of toddler toys so we use their playhouse, sandbox, trampoline, wagon, big play set, and plastic cars.  I think we spend more time in their backyards than our own!  However, we don't have to have that stuff sitting in our yard, so that makes Andy happy.
Taking my baby (and her baby) for a ride!

Andy should be home in time for Halloween (and his 30th birthday!!  oh my!)  This week we have something every day, so that is great.  I keep the neighbor baby on Monday afternoons, Tuesday morning I start a new Bible Study at the same church I go to for MOPS, Wednesday I have traffic court (ugh.), Thursday we have a Halloween play date, and Friday we have Gymobree and a lunch date.  Hopefully from some of those events, I will have something to blog about!  I know you will all be anxious to hear how traffic court goes......haha. ;)
 Until then, Olivia says "rock on".....

1 comment:

Cay said...

We just had to print the "pj" photo and it's hangin' on the fridge!
Love mom :)