Night one...."Shannon needs her red cup! It is missing!" -lots of crying.
Night two...."The parade is already over, Mama! I want to see the parade" -lots of crying
Night three..."There is a monster! A monster for Daddy, a monster for Carter, a monster for Mommy, a monster for Olivia! Mommy, I scared of monster!" -lots of crying.
This is what Olivia has had to share with me each of the past three nights as I've stumbled into her room in the wee hours of the morning to see why she is crying. It is completely bizarre! Her waking in the night isn't anything that shocks us. She has woken on and off for her entire life. Sometimes she goes months without a wake-up and then she will have a week or so where she wakes up few times. Typically a little snuggle with some rocking, and she is good to go when we put her back in her bed a few minutes later. However, lately she has all kinds of stories to tell when I go into her room! She is honestly upset and just rambles and rambles about these peculiar stories!
Anyone ever have a toddler who wakes from crazy dreams? None of them concern me too much except for the monster dream! I don't want to start that already!
________________________________________________________________________
I'm not really feeling the Valentines love. I was all prepared to make some cute Valentines for Olivia's classroom and now I've lost my motivation. I keep seeing SO MANY adorable ideas on Pinterest and I think "I can do that". But then I start thinking about all of the supplies that I need to gather to make them and I get discouraged. I've never been crafty, but I feel mommy-pressure to be crafty for my kid's sake. It is ridiculous, I'm aware, but I can't help it.
Gathering those supplies would require a trip to Wal-Mart and I completely despise that store! It is our only option here in Altus and nothing can suck the bounce out of my step like a walk inside those doors! Come to think of it, I am blaming Wal-Mart for my Valentine slump. Now if we had a Target, I'm sure this rant would have a totally different vibe.. I would surely be mom-of-the-year ;)
She is supposed to bring 7 Valentines on Monday for her class party. I will let you know what I actually end up sending.
__________________________________________________________________________
My mom called last week and said "I told Dad I was feeling a trip to Oklahoma"! That means they will be here on Friday! I just love my mom and her "feelings"!! The bonus is they are stopping at my sisters in Oklahoma City and bringing her and the kids along with them! We haven't seen any of them since Christmas so I am very very excited to see their faces! Every morning this week Olivia looks out the window and says "I can't see Nana and Papa's car, Mommy". She is just as excited as I am!!
1 comment:
I think you are right on track blaming Wal-Mart for your V-day slump...I was just there today on the search for t-shirts and my I really hate that place...feel so bad it is your only option...so glad your parents are coming to visit!!
Post a Comment