Monday, February 13, 2012

a snowy morning and the Valentine conclusion.

We awoke to this great view this morning!  Olivia immediately wanted to "go sled down the hill" and "eat the snow like at Nana and Papa's".  Andy had to break the sad news that we didn't have a hill out our back door like Nana and Papa.  If the snow sticks around I will take her out to play when she gets home from school!

Andy had a delayed start to work this morning which was fabulous because he could then take Olivia to school.  That meant two things: Carter didn't have to go out into the cold and snow, and it is 10:30 and I am still in my pajamas!  Double win!

I'm sure you are all on pins and needles wondering about the Valentine conclusion:  (please do note my sarcasm;)........
I decided to go ahead with my crafty Valentine rather than buying a box of Dora Valentine's from the store.  It really wasnt' hard at all (because I made sure to choose a super simple one ;)

The goal was this:



Ours turned out a little different because we couldn't find a small heart cookie cutter.  Andy went to Wal-Mart and came home with one, but it was huge and would only allow for 6 hearts for the entire pan of Rice Krispie treats!  He wins daddy brownie points though because he then cut them all by hand with a knife!
where is his holiday spirit?!!  ;)
Olivia decorated them with pink sprinkles and I pushed the sticks in to make them like suckers.  It was a real family effort!  Olivia also did lots of coloring and sticker-placing to make the cards that I tied to each one. 

Somehow I did not get a final picture! ugh.  They looked pretty much the same as the ones I found on Pinterest, but without the icing.   They turned out cute and I felt much better sending those to school this morning rather than ones we bought from Wal-Mart and stuffed into envelopes.

1 comment:

Cay said...

Had we all been there on Sunday we could have whipped up yours and Cathy's children's for party day! BUT, I love the fact that Andy got involved, and can tell from his lovely "smile" he too was thrilled:)
Love MOM