Tuesday, February 21, 2012

evolving artwork.

Olivia drew this on her chalkboard yesterday......
I was completely impressed!  Aren't you?!  ;)

I don't know how to put words onto the pictures to point things out, so you will have to bear with my description and find the details yourselves.  The large circle to the far right "is daddy. Those are his eyes and that is his nose", she said.  Can you see that she put eyes and a nose and they are in the right spots!  And it appears he has some form of legs below the big circle of a head, too!  Now overall it sort of looks like a pig, but it is the first time she has actually drawn a face with features on it. She then told me that the shape/blob above him was "daddy's aiprlane".  Way to go, Olivia!  She put the plane up in the sky where it belongs!  She said the other marks are me and Carter, but they are more representative of her usual drawings (squiggly lines).  I'm not sure what is developmentally appropriate at this stage, but I was happy to see that her artwork is starting to evolve!

Now look to the left of the picture.  See the 'O' about mid-way down?  She was writing her name!  She got the 'O' and the 'l' correct (and nearly the 'i')!  I was shocked when she called me to her chalkboard!  Typically her name is a series of lines as well!  I was so tickled to see that she got the 'O'!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Great picture and developmentally pretty far ahead. Picasso ain't got nothin' on this budding artist!!! Actually I can tell what her drawings are BETTER than picasso's!!!

Cay said...

At first look I picked up on the "O" "l" "i" immediately and, as Andy's mom says, "she's definately devlopmentally far ahead"....hey,we Grandparents know these things!!