Now, don't get me wrong, I would like it if he was a snuggly little newborn on my chest for the rest of eternity, but the reality is that he will be bouncing and running around here (just like his big sister) in no time. So, with further ado......
On a side note, Olivia had to give up her high chair for Carter to start eating. We began by having her sit at the table last week and we kept prepping her with "you are a big girl now and Carter will get to use your high chair soon!" propaganda. It may sound silly, but she has major issue with change! The first several discussions were met with tears and "but its my high chair" sort of nonsense. However, by the time I actually put Carter in "her" chair, she was accustomed to sitting at the big table with us and it was a non-issue. We have just learned that preparation and and open dialogue go a long long way with our sweet girl. There are certainly no fast-ones pulled around here ;)
Okay, back to Carter! I am also in the beginning process of switching him from a 3-hour schedule to a 4-hour one, so I decided a little extra food will do him good! He did just fine eating the cereal. Lots ended up on his chin and cheeks, but that's to be expected! I found myself saying "he is doing much better than Olivia did with her first feedings!" Then I realized I was doing that 'mother comparing her children thing' and I quickly stopped! Our two precious babes are very different souls, so I should just stop with the comparisons already.
Just look at our sweet boy! Eating rice cereal like a champ!
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment